Use inside a Subversion Working Directory with all changes checked in.
– Automatically finds the “trunk”
– Automatically creates the “tags” directory at the project root
– Creates a tag “tags/release-X” where X is the next integer
Use to check is there’s a new Release to deploy to Target
– Exit Code is Success when the Release is ready to Deploy
– Exit Code is Failure when the Release is already Deployed
Use to deploy a Release to Target (does not check)
– Copies Target to Target.old
– SVN Exports the Latest Release
– Creates RELEASE in Target for svncheckrel to use
Puppet Module using these tools for automatic deployment.
(Link: Subversion Utilities)