Sample datasets for benchmarking and testing – MySQL Performance Blog
- The venerable sakila test database: small, fake database of movies.
- The employees test database: small, fake database of employees.
- The Wikipedia page-view statistics database: large, real website traffic data.
- The IMDB database: moderately large, real database of movies.
- The FlightStats database: flight on-time arrival data, easy to import into MySQL.
- The Bureau of Transportation Statistics: airline on-time data, downloadable in customizable ways.
- The airline on-time performance and causes of delays data from data.gov: ditto.
- The statistical review of world energy from British Petroleum: real data about our energy usage.
- The Amazon AWS Public Data Sets: a large variety of data such as the mapping of the Human Genome and the US Census data.
- The Weather Underground weather data: customize and download as CSV files.
(Full Story: Sample datasets for benchmarking and testing – MySQL Performance Blog)